
I used to think my mom was a little crazy for letting me lick the spoon...or the bowl...or anything that had touched the cake batter or the cookie dough. Why would she pass that up? Did she not know that was the best part of baking something? I always jumped at the opportunity and wondered how she could let me do it instead of doing it herself. Now I understand. It's not that I wouldn't love to lick the spoon, but I know there's a little someone who would enjoy it a little more. Parenting is such a selfless act in itself, and it's funny how it happens without your even giving it a second thought. I never thought I would put someone before myself (except on occasion for Greg ;), but now I do. And it is probably because someone did it for me. So thanks, Mom, for letting me lick the spoon--even though you probably would've enjoyed it yourself.