IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The mind of a 3 year old

Evie has said some really funny things. Here is a good example: this summer we stopped at the drive thru at Wendy's many times on our way to the pool (thanks Beka for the key)...mommy has to have her coke, you know. It was then that Evie discovered the joy of mandarin oranges. One day I asked her what she wanted as we pulled up to the speaker, and she said, "guy oranges." I knew what she wanted, but I was just so confused as to why she thought they were called guy oranges. Then as we pulled away I laughed outloud as I figured out how she came to that. (you probably already figured it out, but another name for a man is a guy). Today she said another funny such thing. She asked me while we were playing in the snow if we could make a snowman. I knew this fresh powdery snow was no good for a snowman, so I told her this snow is not sticky enough. It just doesn't have any stick to it, and we probably won't be able to make a snowman today. A little while later, she is doing this (first picture below). She picked up this stick with such excitement and said, "Now we can make a snowman!" Again, I had to think...but I figured out what she meant. She thought I meant we need a stick to make a snowman. Kids!

IMG_8812_1_1 flickr

IMG_8829_1 flickr

IMG_8803_1 flickr

IMG_8793_1 flickr

Just a few from this week:
Evie is suddenly very interested in hygiene. Here she is doing something or other with her teeth, and G train can almost always be found sharing the step stool. Usually you know that's what's going on b/c she is yelling for me to get him off!
IMG_8742 1 web

The one place Graham cannot get to (yet):
IMG_8756_flickr

And just because he's so handsome (even with a drooly dirty shirt), and because he couldn't go in the snow today since he had a little fever:
IMG_8735 bw flickr

4 comments:

jamie said...

how stinkin' cute are those! I love the pictures of Evie in the snow....so sweet!

PEEPER said...

I L-O-V-E those pics of the snow falling all around her!!! Next time it snows, you must come to my house and take my kids pictures. I'll give you a coke if you do. I might even have some guy oranges for the kids!! ha ha

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys and it's always a big teaser when I see you on Wednesdays and only talk in passing. Elaina is getting over pink eye so maybe we can get together next week. I told her she had she couldn't kiss or hug on Elliot because she would make his eye sick too and she said, "Mommy, his eye will be blue". She thought the name of her illness had something to do with pink being her favorite color! As always, I love your pictures!
Joanna

jamie said...

ps....are those stickers?? Oh how I love it...I just today found a sticker on my bathtub. You know, the stickers that we give him each time he tries the potty. Well, you guessed it, the little smiley face somehow ended up right there in front of my face as I sat down to pee. Oh to have a child in the house. Isn't fun? Really!