IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

fashion diva

I've always heard about those kids who wear those hideous outfits that don't match, two different colored socks, etc all because they were allowed to pick them out by themselves. Who in their right mind would allow their child to pick out his or her own clothes? I have always been so glad that Evie wears pretty much whatever I put on her. She has always worn a hat if I've put it on her; she always loves the shoes I put on her; I fight with her more on why she can't have McDonald's cinnamon melts for lunch than I do about her wardrobe. Well it must've been an age thing. Yesterday after her bath, I told her to run and pick out some panties before she watched Curious George. She came back with a dress that Grandma W had made for her last summer. This is the first time this has ever happened. She was adamant about wearing this sundress despite the frigid temperatures outside. So since we weren't going anywhere, I let it be and stuck some leggings under the dress so I wouldn't have to keep shivering when I looked at her. She wasn't cold, but it made me feel better. This morning she came to me with the same dress, but since we were going out I had to convince her she needed sleeves. I have a feeling she is about to enter the stage of picking out her own clothes. And I'm about to become one of those parents who thinks it is cute that she doesn't match, because she picked it out herself! Here she is on her first day of having a fashion opinion.

IMG_9445 web

3 comments:

PEEPER said...

So, why CAN'T you have cinnamon melts for lunch???

BTW...how did the repair turn out? Did you realize that I'm horrible at trying to describe how to do something yet?

Jayda said...

Welcome to my world. However, not only does Nicholas feel the need to choose his outfit, Natalie does too. So I have one who is a firefighter all the time and one who will only go to bed if she is in the right jammies. I hope it's just a phase.

Tina said...

Ahhh, yes. I just turn my head everytime we go out and we have people staring at the kids "ensambles". I just always hope that they realize that the kids picked them out, and it wasn't Mommy that made them wear it!