IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Monday, June 22, 2009

Forgetful in my old age

I'll admit that I'm spacey. I lock my keys in my car a lot. I forget people's birthdays. I stood up a friend for dinner once. This Father's Day I forgot to call my dad. I got him a card a few days before, but then I forgot to send it. I was really worried about giving Greg a good Father's Day, and apparently my mind can only handle one task at a time, and I forgot that I actually have a dad. But the truth is, I have a great dad. He deserved a call, but he still said it was no big deal when I called him this morning. My mom accidentally left her mother's day cards at our house last month. One of them was from my dad, and I knew whatever it said must've been pretty good since he got a kiss afterwards! So seeing that she left it, after she was gone I opened it! (She knows this so it's not a big deal). It wasn't a major invasion of privacy. It said, "The best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother"...then on the inside it said, "and I do with all my heart." I thought that was just the sweetest thing. So dad, you might be forgetful like me sometimes, but you're just a really good guy, a great husband, and a wonderful Father.

20

2 comments:

PEEPER said...

What's Evie doing in an old picture with a Cincinnati Reds baseball hat on? ha ha!

My dad had a wall decoration that said that "The best gift..." saying on it. I always loved it, so my mom gave it to Brian one year to hang on our wall. As you can guess... its sitting in a box in our bedroom waiting to be hung up.

Sandy said...

That's too incredibly sweet. I would have to agree, you're dad's an alright guy :)