IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Sunday, August 9, 2009

blowing out candles...or trying to

Yesterday Evie turned 4, and today we had her party. Don't be offended if you are a friend and weren't invited; we just can't fit anyone but family into our house. Evie made us all laugh with her inability to blow out her candles. She was so funny in her several attempts, but finally she got the job done. We were so proud of her. Here are some party pics.

Finally! Oh wait, still one left!

IMG_0843_1 web

A few of my favorite kiddos...

IMG_0824_1 web

Have to document this thing although I'm not proud of it! It's good that I can laugh about it though. Is this cake crooked or what?!

IMG_0827_1 web

Attempt #25:

IMG_0838_1 web

Graham being caught opening presents that weren't his:

IMG_0862_1 web

Evie and her best friend, Barbie.

IMG_0864_1 web

Not only was it Evie's birthday yesterday, but it's also the day she learned to ride her bike without training wheels. She is better with the bike than she was with the candles. She's pretty stoked about this. Mommy and daddy were proud of her too. It's more fun to see it in action, so you can see how fast her little legs have to pedal to get the bike to go very far since the wheels are so small, but second best is a picture or 5. Here is the helmeted rider!

IMG_0910_1 web

IMG_0914_1 web

IMG_0884_1 web

IMG_0896_1 web

IMG_0881_1 web

After many near death experiences with Evie's bike, Graham decided to get out of the cul-de-sac and pick little apple thingies off our neighbor's tree. I love these kids. They may wear on my patience sometimes, but they sure are cute.

IMG_0932_1 web

5 comments:

John and Bethany said...

I loved the pictures and laughed when I saw G opening presents. How little brotherish of him. They are cute as ever. Happy Birthday Miss Evie.

jamie said...

Awe, Happy Birthday MIss Evie! I cannot believe she is 4 already and riding a bike....wow!

Sara said...

Whatever Jamie...weren't you two or three or something ridiculous?!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Evie! Looks like she had a great one. Congratulations on riding your bike!

Debbie

PEEPER said...

Thanks for not inviting me to the party. Jeesh. I'm now crossing you off the list for Keith's party in a few weeks.