IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Thursday, May 29, 2008

a little slice of heaven

My parents are building a "getaway" house out in the middle of nowhere. People who know where my parents currently live are asking 'what are they getting away from? Aren't they already away?' But it really is nice. Not quite as beautiful as the rolling hills that Greg's parents live on, but another slice of Heaven. Greg wasn't able to join us and went on a mantreat instead (weekend retreat for men), but Evie, Graham, and I got the chance to spend Memorial Day weekend at the new place. It's almost finished; but the house isn't the best part about it. Here I think it's pretty apparent what is. In no particular order:
Jon and Jess celebrating their engagement ;)
jonjess web

I was thrilled with my nephew for getting this shot of Evie and I
IMG_1451 color web

Evie swinging in the big girl swing on the bouncing tree (I'll explain)
IMG_1445 web

My nephew also swinging from the bouncing tree
IMG_1448 color web

This is the bouncing tree. I had to get a picture of this, but it really doesn't do it justice. It needs a movie clip, which I don't have. When set in motion, it is about the most dangerous looking setup imaginable for a swing (at least to me when my daughter is on it). Although my uncle says it is safe. Anyway, when my nephew sits in the middle swing and jumps a little, and Evie is on the end in the baby swing, she bounces a good 4-5 feet up and down. It is a crazy flimsy limb, but it's thick and strong. A great place for some toddler/teenager fun.
IMG_1411 web

Grahambo during the 30 seconds of our weekend when I wasn't holding him (notice he's still climbing up me). I'm going to start charging him rent for taking up permanent residency on my hip. He's had a bad case of separation anxiety for the past few months. I love you too, buddy, but I'd like to put you down and do some laundry!
IMG_1375 web

And my niece who will kill me when she sees this on here. She was sitting in her family's van when we were waiting for a 4-wheeler ride down to the tree swings when I realized her eyes were glowing. So I grabbed my camera and told her to just sit there. I think her eyes are to die for, even if she does look a little annoyed that I'm taking her picture :)
IMG_1393 web

Finally my little Evie girl in the beautiful weeds
IMG_1578 web

1 comment:

jamie said...

Oh, that is beautiful!! Looks like you will all have tons of fun there!!