IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Thursday, October 30, 2008

the accused

IMG_7126 color web

This morning someone was ringing our doorbell frantically...as if they were pushing it over and over and over. I looked out the peep hole to see a police officer standing there and I could also see his car parked in the street. I thought to myself, "oh my gosh, our house is on FIRE!" (last year a house in our neighborhood was burning before our eyes due to a faulty electrical box in their garage, and our power has been acting up, so I'm of course paranoid ours needs checked too). I answered the door and he said they had a 911 line in use at this address. I looked behind me at the floor and saw our phone lying on the ground. I was so embarrassed. Just 5 minutes before that I remember Graham playing with it. So I ran over and turned if off. Then I apologized over and over and over. He was so nice and said he was just glad everything was ok, and something to the effect of, "at least he's learning some good numbers to dial." He also said they had gotten a call with no one on the other end, but they could hear a child crying (I don't remember him crying, but I was doing laundry).

Add me to the list of idiots who let their babies play with the phone thinking that they would never be able to turn the phone on, push the 9, push the 1, and push the 1 again. What are the odds?

Also add me to the list of people who think law enforcement is great. I have had several run-ins with the police (a warning for speeding, and then two..yes TWO car lockouts), and they have been extremely nice and helpful. One was even off-duty. So anyway, don't let your kids play with the phone, and give a policeman a hug.

5 comments:

brittany said...

haha...Deagan did the same thing right after Baylor was born. He called 911 on my cell phone and they called me back making sure everything was ok. I was so embarrassed, too!

Holly said...

That's hilarious! Ceili did the same thing at my Mom and Dad's house and the sherriff showed up to check on her!! We sure do have some smart kids!!

Brittany said...

Sara,
So funny, although I am sure not so funny at the time! I will remember that the next time Mere has my phone! Thanks! You know I didn't really know about SYSTCD until the very last part of last season (don't ask me how I didn't know about it), so I don't know Benji. You have to go next year because it was great. My favorite dance of this season was "Bleeding" with Mark and Chelsea. AWESOME!!

jamie said...

and look at those eyes, they look soooo innocent. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Last year our four year old dialed 911 "because I just wanted to do something I wasn't supposed to do!" Oh boy, I just can't wait until she's a teenager!

Cousin Eric's wife :)