IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a relief...

...that I'll never have to do this again! :) I was flattered that Jon and Jess wanted me to do their wedding, but I think I'll stick to kiddos from now on. My brother Jon was married to Jess on Friday June 12th in Michigan City, IN. It was absolutely gorgeous. I have way too many pictures to show them, but I've tried to give them a good edited selection here. Here's a play-by-play!

First the preparation:

IMG_3058_1web

IMG_3131_web

IMG_3115_web

IMG_3156_web

Jess' dress had amazing details.

IMG_3159 web

IMG_3154 web

IMG_3164 web

IMG_3176 web

IMG_3105_web

IMG_3093_1web

And then...they meet!

IMG_3198 web

And exchange gifts...

IMG_3217_web

IMG_3215_web

IMG_3230_web

IMG_3274web

IMG_3315_we

IMG_3324_web

IMG_3304_web

IMG_3260 web

Warning: the remaining pictures may be a little heavy on the mini-Willhelms!

IMG_3335 web

IMG_3331_web

Jess' beautiful niece Lily:
IMG_3340_web

IMG_3337_web

Jess' cutie pie nephew Sam
IMG_3361 web

I think we all wanted to do this!
IMG_3354_web

My kids haven't learned proper dress up etiquette! As a sidenote, Evie wouldn't wear the cute shoes I bought for her. She insisted on wearing her cupcake sandals! :)
IMG_3460_web

Evie's face is cracking me up. I don't know why she looks so sad!
IMG_3392_web

From one extreme to the other!
IMG_3381_web

IMG_3261_web

The Ceremony! There really were guests there. They just sat in the front ;)

IMG_3588 web

IMG_3480_web

IMG_3494_web

Graham wouldn't walk up the aisle unless Greg gave him our hotel room key. I'm still laughing at this. You can see it in his left hand.
IMG_3495_web

IMG_3497_web

IMG_3503_web

Such an emotional ceremony! Even the photographer was crying.
IMG_3512_web

IMG_3526 web

IMG_3524_web

IMG_3546_web

IMG_3543_web

IMG_3557 web

IMG_3567_web

Jess' Aunt Jean, Aunt Susan, and cousin Cristen arranged all of the flowers and did a great job!
IMG_3604_web

IMG_3642_all web

IMG_3651_web

My parents look very excited to get their "specs on the beach" cocktails! (Jon and Jess are both optometrists, so they had specs on the beach and eyeball highballs to drink)
IMG_3658 web

IMG_3679_web

IMG_3706_web

IMG_3717_all web

IMG_3753_web

Ring bearing is hard work!
IMG_3756_web

The next morning at the crack of dawn!
IMG_3780 web

Get a room!
IMG_3823_web

IMG_3833_web

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Gorgeous wedding! I LOVE those colors!

And that Graham is a serious one, isn't he?

Sarah, I miss your face.

Sandy said...

oh my gosh Sara! Those pictures are AMAZING! I was dying laughing at your son having to hold the hotel key and it being visible in the pictures...how adorable lol. But yeah, those pictures turned out really really well! Man you're good...

jamie said...

Awe, how very sweet and beautiful! Nice job on the pics....they look great!

Brittany said...

I LOVE them!!!

PEEPER said...

Great pics...I love the colors they picked and that dress and cake were too beautiful! Hope Graham's hem held up better than he did...did he have one too many eyeball highballs or what??

Aunt Janice said...

Wow! What great pictures. I found the one of Bev smiling greedily at that drink interesting. . .I'm looking forward to July 4th! See you there!