IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

another kid with candle disabilities

Tomorrow is Graham's big 2nd birthday. We had his party on Labor Day since it was convenient. I'm not sure if our kids are candle challenged or what, but Graham just wanted to sit there and look at them. We practiced the day before, and he did great in practice, but he's such a shy fry that when everyone was looking at him he just wanted to be bashful. I finally did it for him when I became afraid we'd all be eating wax if I didn't.

Here's the cake. You will never convince me that a bought cake or icing tastes as good as a homemade cake with homemade icing. I know it's not any cheaper and takes a whole lot more time, work, and cleanup, but I really love the taste! This one did turn out a little better than Evie's did, despite my freehand puppy and paw. I normally can't draw at all, and when I was practicing Evie kept saying, "it looks like a frog!" but she did approve of the end product. :)

IMG_2134_all web

So we lit the candles and sang to him, and then we just waited.

IMG_2136_color web

And waited...

IMG_2138_color web

And waited...

IMG_2144_color web

And waited...

IMG_2142_web

And waited...

IMG_2155_color web

And finally we dug in! I thought it was really cute that they sat in the same chair, but really she probably just sat there b/c it was closest to the cake.

IMG_2164_color web

Notice the baby curls are all chopped off of Graham :) I think I'm going to let them grown out again (sorry Greg).

5 comments:

Sandy said...

such a growing boy! The bashfulness kills me, he's so adorable! Two years old...boy it doesn't seem right. Great job on the cake, I love it!

Gramma said...

Way to hold the attention, Graham!!! Too sweet.

jamie said...

happy B-day Graham!! Love the cake, it is really too cute! I love making Carters cakes also...there is just something special in knowing that you made it yourself!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the cake! I can't believe how big he has gotten or the fact that he is TWO! Happy Birthday Graham!!

Deb Mennel

PEEPER said...

Cute cake! And I love the grrr...aham!! I have no tolerance for cake decorating...thats why I always bake the cake and then drive it to my mom for decorating! I don't know how the ace of cakes does it every day.