IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

High Tea

Evie is a tea party kind of girl. She loves to have tea parties here at home with water and fake "crumpets". I decided it was time to take her to a real tea party. I had been to the Ritz Carlton in downtown Chicago for tea once before, for my sister in law's bridal shower (otherwise I'm positively sure I would have never gotten to experience such a thing). Since I went, I'd been anticipating the day when I could take Evie there for a real tea. It was on the top floor of the Ritz, and Evie has been talking about going to tea at the "tallest tower of the hotel" since I told her about it. It was sheer joy watching her enjoy it, calling everyone "My darling", and commenting on how good her food and tea was. What a great time we had!

We almost missed our train (I keep wanting to call it a bus, but as it turns out, Jess my sister in law who is from the Chicago area, reminds me each time that it is in fact on tracks) but a 5 foot nothing maybe 90 pound Jess scooped Evie into her arms and sprinted up 2 flights of stairs JUST in time to get on the train! Special thanks to Miss Liz for letting us stay with her since we couldn't afford a room after our tea! :) And thanks to my mom and Jess for going with us!

Just before we got our tea, you can see her excitement...

IMG_8749 flickr

Practicing the tea hold...

IMG_8757 web

IMG_8758web

Rebecca made the trip too, so they brought her her own chair. Adorable!

IMG_8759 web

She loved the sugar cubes.

IMG_8764web

Our food was really good. But then I really like food.

IMG_8767web

This is a French press (in case you are ever on Jeopardy)

IMG_8762 web

IMG_8771web

IMG_8773web

After our waiter took this one, he said, Oh perfect! Umm..yeah except for the guest of honor's face being hidden!

IMG_8769 web

5 comments:

Grandma said...

thanks again for inviting me, Sara. These pics are so good. We will not forget it.

Leslie said...

Sara, this is so precious! And girlfriend, you are looking GREAT!

John and Bethany said...

Looks like so much fun!

jamie said...

Awe, how sweet! What a fun little memory to have!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I am sure all of you had a great time. I know all of you will have wonderful memories of this day. :)

Debbie M.