If you are like me, summer in Indiana is a vacation in itself, but winter is like a dark deep hole that seems to never end. So for that reason we decided (well I decided and everyone else just went along with it) to get the heck out of here and head to a warmer climate! San Diego was our destination, and we had such a good time. The weather was unbelievable, and we got to spend lots of time together swimming, sleeping, sight-seeing and most importantly not cooking, doing any dishes or shoveling snow. And it helps that we got a really good deal on priceline! :) The only downsides were that we had a red-eye flight on the way out which took a day or so for the sleepy kids to recover from, and my camera battery went dead with no charger in sight. I got some pictures before it died, but I'm disappointed that I didn't get more. Stupid human trick--always bring your charger!
I made a short movie of the pictures, but there are also still pictures below in case you wanted to see those instead. The kids, Greg, and I were all laughing through this thing. Must be the song or the silly faces Graham is making.
Untitled from Sara Willhelm on Vimeo.
What's a vacation without a heated pool and a boy who can't keep his pants pulled up?

Oh to be 5 again and not care about or notice wedgies...

We spent a little time in La Jolla where there are seals on the beach. I couldn't get close enough to the seals to get a good shot of them, but I did get yelled at by one seal activist. I stepped about 6 inches inside the rope to get a shot of my kids on this rock and apparently almost killed a baby seal in the meantime which was at least 100 yards away. I kindly stepped back inside (but only after I got the shot I wanted ;))



Then onto Sea World where nobody cares how close you are to the animals! Evie is a FANATIC when it comes to animals, especially marine life. She was in heaven.

Sting rays...couldn't believe you could touch all these things!

We stayed in Carlsbad where they had the best beach. And since it is February, we had it mostly to ourselves except for the locals (who are all very tan and fit by the way; I guess I would be too if I had weather like that all year long)




Have to show that Greg and I were actually on this vacation. 6 months pregnant and largish looking--but I'm with my kiddos, and anytime I can document that I will :)