IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

martin balls

The highlight of my day was this: it was HOT today, the kind of hot where you are just so thankful to be un-pregnant). So we got out the sprinkler and ran through it, and yes I mean we. Only the water was COLD. So we got a little gladware out for Graham to play in the water that way. Of course that was soon taken over by his big sister, who also happens to be a little bit of a bully :) I went inside to change Grahambo back into his real diaper and out of his trunks, and when I went back outside Greg had given Evie a bunch of cotton balls, which she was "cooking" in the gladware. She kept asking for more Martin Balls. Pretty soon I figured out what she meant; she wanted more cotton balls. I couldn't stop giggling. Where in the world did she get Martin Balls? I didn't correct her, because that is just too cute. Here are her little hands cooking the Martin Balls on our graffiti'd patio.
IMG_0496 bw web

Probably putting something in his mouth that I'll have to go and get later when he starts to gag...
IMG_0482 bw web

We had dinner on the patio after it cooled off tonight. I thought his face was messy (but this is nothin' compared to how he's about to look)
IMG_0503 color web

Then Evie got to feed him...a little vegetable ham dinner balanced against the toddler belly...
IMG_0522 color web

Every delicious bite is accompanied by the insertion of the right hand.
IMG_0520 color web

"Please mom, no more pictures. This is so embarrassing...she's getting this all over me!"
IMG_0534 color web

Something that not every toddler is probably fond of: chicken wings. These are a staple for Evie, preferably teriyaki. By the way, this dinner ended in the bathtub.
IMG_0508 color web

And finally all cleaned up and bathed. Evie isn't in this one, because as usual she thought clothing was optional and ran away squealing when I brought her clothes to her. Everything is a game now.
IMG_0548 bw web

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun family night. :) And, yes...it was hot enough to wish for 'un-pregnancy'...just ask me!! ;)

Tina said...

Those are cute...I especially love the last one!!