My brother proposed to his girlfriend, Jess, on Friday night. From what I understand, she said yes! I'm excited about her being my sister in law, and I'm going to try to explain why without using words like "nice" that could describe just about anyone, although she is. She's never bothered by the fact that Evie wants her to play with her. She always has time to sit and take her time being silly with her. She also seems to have taken a liking to Graham, and still enjoys holding him, despite the fact that he takes up 3/4 of her body length and probably half her bodyweight. She has a quiet and gentle demeanor, slow to speak and quick to listen. She's got a clever wit (which I really appreciate), and also appreciates other clever wits by following up with a real laugh, not a nervous-fake kind of laugh. She is always up for a game of rummy, and she always beats me.
Here's how he did it: he had me take the following picture and have it made into a puzzle. She likes puzzles almost as much as rummy. He had me take out the ring pieces and put them together in a second box. Then I gave it to him for his birthday. There was a note on the first box saying not to open the second box until the first was finished. So after 3 days of trying to get this giant puzzle put together without a picture (500 pieces per his request), they finally got to open the second box. I wasn't there, although I kept telling him I should be the one proposing since I kept giving him pointers, but from what I have heard she cried when she opened the second box. And I think they were tears of joy :) He got the real ring out, proposed, and she said yes. Congratulations, Dr. Jon and the future Dr. Jess.