IMG_8829_1 blog banner

Sunday, October 12, 2008

4-H Fair on Steroids

Late afternoon today we decided to see what all the hype was about at the covered bridge festival. I must say that I was pretty excited. I have always loved bridges as my girlfriends from high school will tell you; I took them on many a field trip to see bridges and barely got us back in time for curfew. But little did I know, the covered bridge festival is not about the covered bridges. It's apparently all about the deep fried candy bars, the yard sales by the side of the road all the way to Rockville, and the gazillions of people all trying to walk down the same narrow road while being chased by people on golf carts who just don't understand there is no room for them there. It didn't take long after paying $5 to the man who let us and 300 other people park in his yard for me to realize it's not exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to go. I talked Greg into getting back into the car and driving me to a covered bridge. But could we even find a map in all the madness? No. But luckily we found some bridges by following the signs. The sun set shortly after we found what we were looking for (or what I was looking for), and the mosquitos were eating us alive. I got a few pictures that I liked while we were enjoying being away from all the people, but not as many as I wanted to get. I don't know why I can't catch Graham in focus while he's smiling. He's such a smiley little guy, but here you'd think he was serious all the time. Maybe next time. He's still a stud.

IMG_6813 color web

IMG_6848 color web

Tweedle dee and tweedle dum...does it scare anyone else that she has this stick in her hands?
IMG_6842 color web


IMG_6834 bw web

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I think autumn makes for great pictures. Your kids are sooo cute. They will never be able to say they aren't brother and sister...they look just alike.

jamie said...

Awe, how sweet! I just love them...they are too cute. So, I am glad that I didn't ask you to go with me to the festival, sounds like you would have been a little disappointed. But I just love the crafts!! (imagine that)

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JSherrick said...

so sweet. love the fall too!
ok, so i've tagged you on my blog. see it to know the rules.